School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Particulate Media Research Laboratory
790 Atlantic Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332
Phone: (404) 385-7696
Fax: (404) 894-2281
e-mail: norimasa.yoshimoto @ ce.gatech.edu
- • Effective use of Recycled materials (e.g., fly ash, clinker ash, tire chip, and slag )
- • Mechanical properties of methane hydrate-bearing sand
- • Migration of various substances in the ground (e.g., water, gas, and trace substances )
- • Dr. Eng. Mechanical Properties and Environmental Assessment of Granulated Coal Ash as Geomaterial (2007)
- • M.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering, Yamaguchi University, Japan (1998)
- • B.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering, Yamaguchi University, Japan (1996)
- • Assistant Professor, Department of and Environmental Civil Engineering, Yamaguchi University (2006 - present)
- • Research Associate, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Yamaguchi University (2000-2006)
- • Engineer, NEWJEC Inc. (1998-2000)
Publications - Journal Articles
• Yoshimoto, N., Hyodo, M., Nakata, Y., Orense, R. P., Hongo, T. and Ohnaka, A. Evaluation of shear strength and mechanical properties of granulated coal ash based on single particle strength, Soils and Foundations, under review.
• Yoshimoto, N., Orense, R.P., Tanabe, F., Kikkawa, N., Hyodo, M. and Nakata, Y. (2011). Measurement of degree of saturation on model ground by digital image processing, Soils and Foundations, Vol.51, No.1, pp.167-177.
• Yoneda, J., Hyodo, M., Nakata, Y. and Yoshimoto, N. (2010). Triaxial Shear Characteristics of Methane Hydrate-bearing Sediment in the Deep Seabed, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol.66, No.4, pp.742-756 (in Japanese).
• Yoshimoto, N., Hyodo, M., Nakata, Y., Murata, H., Hongo, T. and Ohnaka, A. (2006). Liquefaction Resistance of Granulated Coal Ash, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol.62, No.1, pp.246-257 (in Japanese).
• Yoshimoto, N., Hyodo, M., Nakata, Y., Murata, H., Hongo, T. and Ohnaka, A. (2005). Particle Characteristics of Granulated Coal Ashes as Geomaterial, J. Soc. Mat. Sci., Vol.54, No.11, pp.1111-1116 (in Japanese).
• Hyodo, M., Nakata, Y., Yoshimoto, N. and Ebinuma, T. (2005) Basic Research on the Mechanical Behavior of Methane Hydrate-sediments Mixture, Soils and Foundations, Vol.45, No.1, pp.75-85.