School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Particulate Media Research Laboratory
790 Atlantic Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332
Phone: (404) 894-8247
Fax: (404) 894-2281
- • CO2 capture and storage in deep geological formations
- • Microstructure, properties, and durability of cement-based materials
- • Utilization of recycled materials (river sediments, fly ash) in construction materials (cement-based materials, fired bricks)
- • Wood derived fibers for internal curing of cement-based materials
- • Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia, EU (2004)
- • M.S., Inorganic Chemistry, P.J. Safarik University, Kosice, Slovakia, EU (1995)
- • B.S., Chemistry, P.J. Safarik University, Kosice, Slovakia, EU (1993)
- • Postdoctoral Fellow, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA (2007-present)
- • Graduate Research Assistant and Graduate Student Instructor, Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia, EU (1999-2002)
- • American Ceramic Society
- • Slovak Chemical Society
• Mezencevova, N.N. Yeboah, S.E. Burns, L. F. Kahn, and K.E. Kurtis, "Utilization of Savannah Harbor River Sediment as the Primary Raw Material in Production of Fired Brick", Journal of Environmental Management (under review).
• Mezencevova, V.Y. Garas, H. Nanko, H. and K.E. Kurtis, "Influence of Thermomechanical Pulp Fiber Compositions on Internal Curing of Cementitious Materials", Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, special issue on internal curing (in press).
• N.A. Johansen, M.J. Millard, A. Mezencevova, V.Y. Garas, K.E. Kurtis, "New Method for Determination of Absorption Capacity of Internal Curing Agents", Cement and Concrete Research, 2009, 39(1):65-68.
• N. Stevulova, A. Mezencevova, "Fly Ash as a Raw Material in Cement Industry", Zeszyty Naukowe Politechniki Rzesowskiej, Budownictwo i Inzynieria Srodowiska, Part 2: Environmental Engineering. Special Issue, 2004, 37:407-412.
• N. Stevulova, A. Mezencevova, E. Boldizarova, "Mechanochemical Synthesis of Calcium Silicate with Ca/Si ratio of 2 :1", Chem. Letters, 2003, 97: 872-873.
• Mezencevova, "Possibilities of Utilization of Coal Combustion Fly Ash", Acta Montanistica Slovaca, 2003, 8(2-3): 146-151.
• Mezencevova, N. Stevulova, "Characterization of FBC Fly Ash and Possibilities of Modifications of its Properties by Mechanical Activation, Chem. Letters, 2002, 96(6):515-516.